You will learn the importance of email follow-up and tools and services that are used for email automation.
I do blogging for more than a year still I did not build my email list. Yes, it is absolutely true. I did not collect any information from my visitors to make future communication with my audience.
It was the best biggest mistake of my blogging career.
All successful bloggers insist their student build an Email list from day 1 of blogging not when you get thousand visitors per day. You should start building your list from Day One.
Install WordPress plugins to collect email from your audience (example: Email Subscribers & Newsletters) so that you can email them for promotions, offers, and newsletter.
Emails are still a fantastic form of medium to communicate even you have social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat exists. Email still works great when comes to communication.
You have to find the best and reliable communication medium to make interaction with your audience.
As per statistics by Statista, It is forecasted that 2.9 billion people will use Email by 2019, Huge is it?.
Email marketing plays a very important role in building an effective business online or offline. Emails are the best way to make interactions.
Email marketing works fantastic for your digital marketing because people used to have the habit of checking their email inbox at least once in a day. As long as you provide values to your audience through email. You can win the heart of your audience and it will certainly improve your business.
The key idea of email subscription and email automation:
- Get your visitor’s email and basic details(first name, last name)
- Send welcome and follow-up messages
- Send promotions and offers to your audience
- Send newsletter and free pdf for download
- Send informative and educational contents to your audience
- Ask your audience to try your product or service
- Sell them your product( it can be a digital or physical product)
- Delight your audience and pitch for more product and service offers and repeat
Is this process looks a lot of work?. Yes, it is a hell lot of work if you don’t use tools and services. If you want to delight your audience you should find best service in the industry that can help you in contact with your audience effectively.
Email automation services will let you automate most of your communication with your customer/audience from a welcome message, follow up messages to thank you message for purchasing your product.
The Core concept of email marketing:
When a subscriber joins your contact list. If your system automatically sends them serious of well-timed useful email that could help your subscriber. they will become your loyal customer.
You can find several options on the internet for email automation, but you should identify the best one that suits your business need and your spending on email marketing campaign. It is easy to find one. no worries.
Almost all the email marketing service providers provide email workflow or email automation that can send serious email to your contact list.
The good part of these email marketing service is almost all of them give a free trial, so you always have the option to try out and then pay for it monthly/annual packages.
Some of the key points you should consider before you choose an email automation service.
- Free trial – will you get a free trial?
- Pricing – Check the pricing model.
- Templates – Free templates
- Workflows -Email automation
- Integration – can you able to integrate with WordPress plugins, Shopify or WooCommerce.
Top Email automation software for your small business.
MailChimp is an awesome email marketing automation platform for small and medium-size business. It can do lot more than any man can do for your business. MailChimp can help you send email messages such as welcome email, thank you email, follow up emails, personalized recommendation and much more.
Key features of MailChimp:
- List building – Create a list and segmentize your contact list
- A simple design-builder will help you build your own template for your brand or business.
- Landing pages and automation with MailChimp
What are the main advantages of using MailChimp?
- Turn visitors into customers
- Recover abandoned carts
- Follow up on a purchase
- Personalize recommendations to your customer.
Check out MailChimp learning center for information
- Free – New business (12,000 Mails/Month)
- $10 – Growing business (Unlimited Mails/ Month – 0 to 500 subscribers)
- $199 – Pro Marketer
Check out MailChimp pricing page for latest and updated plans
Aweber is another email marketing and automation service that helps your business to grow and engage with your audience.
Aweber comes with a 30-day free trial option, after one month you will be billed $19 a month alternatively, you can opt for a quarterly or annual plan.
Note: you have to provide your credit card details while registering for a free trial
Aweber comes with plenty of features such as
- HTML Templates
- Drag and Drop editors
- Email automation and autoresponders
- Sign up forms & Email Tracking
- Subscriber management and segmentation
Aweber provides a mobile application to track your email campaign on the go and you can able to track it from your mobile.
- Monthly: $19
- Quarterly: $32.67
- Annual: $177.69
Check out Aweber pricing page for latest and updated plans
Drip is a marketing automation platform specially designed for e-commerce business, Drip calls it e-commerce customer relationship management(ECRM). Drip is a complete package for all your digital marketing which includes email, social media marketing.
Drip’s workflows are awesome. you can either build your workflow from scratch or from existing pre-defined templates.
You can build your workflow with following available option on Drip workflow manager. Feel free to give a free trial.
- Delays – how many day delays you want to set to take an action on your workflow.
- Decisions – to make a decision yes/no on your workflow
Other exciting features of Drip:
- Tags – This option will let you segmentize your customer.
- Email Builder – Build your template from scratch or choose from a template.
- Broadcast Email – This option will let you send one time email to your subscribers.
- Campaign – This option will let you send an automated email to your customer and get them back to your website.
You will get a free trial plan called Starter plan which will let you manager 100 subscribers for $0 a month.
- Starter Plan: $0 (0-100 Subscriber)
- Basic Plan: $41 (100-2500 Subscriber)
- ProPlan: $83 (2501-5000 Subscriber)
- Enterprise Plan: Reach out to Sale team (5001- More Subscriber)
Check out Drip pricing page for updated plans and pricing
For the latest information, reach out to Support@drip.com
Constant Contact has been a leading expert in email marketing for over 20 years, It just another traditional email marketing service provider who can help you define effective email marketing campaigns.
Key features of Constant Contact.
- Beautiful and mobile optimized template
- Drag and drop editor
- Track your campaign with reports and analytics
- Organize and segmentize your contacts
- Email automation
You will get a one-month free trial with constant contact. If you don’t like it you get all the liberty to exit constant contact.
Plans starting from $20 for a month (0-500 subscribers),
Check out Constant Contact pricing page for updated plans and pricing
Seriously, I don’t find anything extraordinary with constant contact while seeing it from outside, let me try out the product and come back to you with my review.
Pat makes a ton of money referring great products to their audience using affiliate marketing, he constantly referring Convertkit for several years. So I strongly believe that Convert kit could be the email service provider out in the industry.
- Easy to embed, customizable opt-in forms
- Reporting and analytics
- Conversion improvement with email automation
- Integration – Convert kit can be integrated with more than 70+ great tools such as Shopify, Woocommerce,
- $29 (0-1000 subscribers)
- $49(1001 -3000 subscribers)
- $79(3001-5000 subscribers)
- Contact sale (More than 5000 subscribers)
Check out Convert kit pricing page for updated plans and pricing
Active campaign is an excellent email automation service provider for your blog, e-commerce website or for all your digital marketing campaigns.
Active campaign provides the following services.
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
- Sales & CRM
- Machine learning
Active Campaign provides integrated form builder and site tracking tools. These tools will help you build eye-catching email and you can track how your emails are performing.
You can try active campaign for free, no credit required.
Pricing starting from $17/month, it will vary based on your contact list. For more information check out Active Campaign pricing page.